One of the first steps was to look at the current way the app was structured to make sure there aren't any problems in the flow. Since this was an existing app there wasn't too much room for change but we did decide to add an onboarding flow and tidy app simor minor interactions.
To determine which color to go with for the redesign we decided to run a preference test with our target audience. The two options were Cyan and Orange and in the end Orange was preferred by more users.
To help the users start taking photos more easily we added a feature discovery flow that guides the user through each step.
Since we wanted to change how the app was viewed by the user it also needed a new logo and icon. The icon is a combination of a camera and a timer icon.
After everything else was completed I proceeded to designing the remaining screens which I also implemented in code, in this case XML.